We are Lunar Ticks
Lunar Ticks are an eclectic Improvisational/Alternative Rock band from Chicago, IL.
The band is influenced by the songwriting and studio experimentation of 90's and 2000's innovative Alternative/Indie rock bands like Wilco, My Morning Jacket, The Flaming Lips, Ween, Arcade Fire, Pavement, and Dr. Dog, and fuses it with genre-bending, progressive musicality, and exploratory improvisations in the vein of The Grateful Dead, Phish, and Umphrey's McGee.
Lunar Ticks are equally at home on a bill with a folk singer, punk band, free jazz ensemble, you name it. Each setlist is formed from their diverse and expansive song list of originals and covers; debuting new material at almost every show. Extended improvisational passages can turn on a dime or meditate and unfurl in unexpected ways. Lunar Ticks aim to create a unique and memorable experience every time they pick up their instruments.
Some other Lunar Ticks our crew has shared the stage with:
members of The Disco Biscuits, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Pink Talking Fish, Turkuaz, Big Gigantic, Aqueous, Old Shoe
- Joel Cummins and Brendan Bayliss- (Umphrey's McGee)- Keys and Guitar/Vox
- Woody Goss- (Vulfpeck)- Keys
- Mike Racky (Umphrey's McGee/Fate Nite)- Pedal Steel
- Mike & Paul Bolger (Mr. Blotto)- Vocals
- Chris DeAngelis- (Kung Fu)- Bass
- Justin Reckamp and Matt Kellen (Mungion)- Guitar and Drums
- Natalie Lande- Saxophone
- Aaron Marsala- Handpans/Percussion
- Van Isaacson- Violin
- Cassidy Stirtz- Violin/Vocals
- Trevor Paulsen (AKA David Byrne/Ozzy Osbourne)- Vocals
- Tom Reeder- Saxophone
- Justin Sova- Drums
- Michael Dane- Drums
- Brad Stirtz- Steel Pan
- Chuck (Earthlings)- Theremin
- David Drilling (Arbor Creek)- Guitar
- Kyle Smith (Alabaster)- Guitar